Article Contribution Guidelines
MrDeposit accepts limited outside contributions from professionals in the gambling industry, including but not limited to; Sports and eSports journalist and analyst, professional poker players, professional sports bettors, and passionate esports and sports fans. Here’s a little bit about how that works.
What We Look For
Every article submitted for consideration should be interesting to the readers of MrDeposit, the piece must have the tone of MrDeposit, and completely written by a person and not some PR department. We like articles that inform our readers on news, matchups, trades, injuries, hiring/firing of team key staff members, and how it affect the odds. Also, topics that advance conversations and make our readers engage in the conversation (ie. top 5 teams to surprise you in 2016, top 3 poker players of the year). We appreciate lively, polished writing that balances detailed research or news with examples that help illustrate your point of view or fun and memorable anecdotes that get your point across.
While we encourage drawing from your own experiences in sports, poker or gambling to support your ideas/opinion, over-the-top self-promotion (of yourself or your company) lessens the chance we will publish your piece. Same goes for over the top promoting of someone else.
MrDeposit.com prefers submissions from contributors who are passionate and knowledgeable about the types of topics that MrDeposit regularly covers: Casino News, Poker News, Sports News (NFL, NHL, NBA, etc.), eSports (CSGO, LoL, Dota2, etc.), Matchups, Predictions, Trades, Injuries, Hiring/Firing, and opinionated pieces like “top list” (ie. Top 10 Running Backs In 2016)
How To Submit
The typical article on MrDeposit is 500 words or more. We cannot pay for contributed stories, however, if they’re informative and engaging to read for our audience, we will promote the article, just like we would any other story published on MrDeposit.com.
Sections available for contribution at the moment are Sports, eSports, Poker, and Casino. Send in your complete, unpublished articles intended for these sections of MrDeposit, using our contact page. Please do not offer abstracts, press releases, outlines, or pitches.
Optional Items To Go Along With Article
To increase the chance of your article being selected, here’s a list of things you should provide in your email submission, along with your story piece.
- Link to an image/s that are related to the article. (flickr.com are good resource)
- Link to YouTube video/s that are related to the article.
- Link to a tweet by a player, coach, team, or team owner related to the article.
What To Expect If We Accept
Article submissions to MrDeposit are reviewed twice a week on Tuesday and Thursday, and the process is selective. If you don’t receive a response about the piece you submitted within a week, it’s safe to assume that your article was not selected for publication on MrDeposit.com.
For those that are:
- A contributor’s account on MrDeposit will be provided to you.
- A link to your website and social media pages will be added to your author bio.
- All articles are subject to editing.
- Headlines and subheads are subject to change.
- Content may be edited for style, tone, or substance.
- Links may be added for context.
- Images will be added at the discretion of MrDeposit staff.
- Articles may or may not be promoted across Sports Nerd’s family of sites, on our homepage, in our newsletters, and via our social feeds.
- MrDeposit requests that contributed articles remain exclusive to our website for five business days, after which time they may be reprinted in part or full on other sites, with a link back to the original article on MrDeposit.
Upcoming Sections of MrDeposit.com
MrDeposit currently covers Sports (NFL, NBA, MMA), eSports (CSGO, LoL, Dota2, Overwatch), Poker (Texas Holdem), and Casino (Slots). We plan on expanding the sections on MrDeposit.com in the future. Below is a list of the next sections that will be added to our website.
Sections to be added:
- Sports (Soccer, Hockey, Boxing, Cricket)
- Esports (StarCraft 2, Rocket League)
- Casino (Blackjack, Roulette)
- Poker (Omaha, Stud, Razz)
Note To Contributors
MrDeposit.com currently accept story pieces from volunteers. When we decide to hire writers and editor staff, we will look to our contributors first before looking at outside sources. If you would like to submit your article, please use the form below.